I will be trying to keep my blog and page somewhat active with my favorite recipes and activities with my kiddos! I don't know about you, but I love seeing new food and activity ideas!
My current obsession is with pumpkin rolls. I LOVE them! They look so very pretty and I always just thought they were hard to make. Guess what! THEY AREN'T!! I keep meaning to take a photo when I make them, but they are devoured before I can get to it. If you are taking one to a Thanksgiving, Christmas or Chanukah dinner, put it on a pretty plate and sprinkle a little extra powdered sugar to make it pretty! Here is my favorite recipe:
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- confectioners' sugar for dusting
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan and line with parchment paper. Grease and flour the paper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high for five minutes. Gradually add white sugar and pumpkin. Add flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Spread batter evenly in pan. Sprinkle walnuts evenly on top.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately turn out onto a linen towel dusted with confectioners sugar. Peel off paper and roll cake up in the towel, starting with the short end. Cool.
- To Make Filling: Mix confectioners sugar, vanilla, butter or margarine, and cream cheese together till smooth.
Voila! Beautiful AND Delicious!